So I played around with this great tool and came up with some recommendations for using the tool that work well for me.
Here are the steps I took to maximise my BUILD experience:
1. Begin by filtering sessions by day and select all the sessions that you would like to see on that day:
2. Next flip across to the schedule tab and spend some time removing multiple choices you made in a particular slot and then consider adding interesting sessions in slots that don’t already have a choice:
3. Review your choice in the ‘my schedule’ tab:
4. Now repeat the above process using filters set for the other days of the conference (day 2, day 3 etc.)
5. Once I had completed this process I then set filters on particular subjects that I am interested in to make sure I didn’t miss anything.
6. Finally I set filters on my favourite speakers to make sure I didn’t miss anything interesting there.
Remember that a little dead time is not necessarily a bad thing – your brain will be overloaded by the end of the conference so consider giving it a break!
Hope you find this run through useful. It’s a great session planning tool this year and my thanks go to whoever was behind it!
Have a great conference and say high if you spot me wandering around!