Creating an App Specific Twitter Account for Marketing purposes.
The thinking here is that by creating a topic based Twitter account and then following people with a related interest they *may*
- Check out your profile (and maybe the links on it to your apps?)
- Follow you back (and perhaps take a subsequent interest in your app?)
You may already be aware of a number of twitter apps that have the aim of increasing your Twitter followers. This is a subtly different aim than this one as we simply want to raise awareness of our apps. (That said, if this exercise proves fruitful an investigation of these apps might be a sensible next step as they likely save valuable time that could better be spent developing).
Here are the steps I took:
- Created a Twitter Account called ‘RoyaltyWatcher’
- Updated the Twitter profile to reflect the subject of my app..
- Posted a number of tweets relating to the subject.
- Searched Twitter using terms such as #Royalty and #RoyalWedding and ‘followed’ 70 other interested parties.
- Sent occasional tweets related to the subject over the following week.
- Followed any recommendations from Twitter.
NB I will update this post with the results of this exercise next week.